Watertown police say no charges after Perkins threat

Watertown police responded Thursday morning to an online threat that led Perkins School for the Blind to lock down, saying the situation has been resolved with no current danger and that after review the matter would be handled internally with no criminal char
The morning was already underway when Perkins School for the Blind went into lockdown.
At 9:50 a.m. Thursday, the school initiated the lockdown after receiving an online threat, and police moved quickly to determine what it meant for the safety of students and staff.
In a Facebook post. the Watertown Police Department said officers responded alongside Perkins School staff to “assess the information. determine the credibility of the threat. and ensure the safety of the school community.” The school said the focus remained on immediate protection: “The safety and well-being of our students. staff. and community remain our absolute priority.”.
By the time the response concluded, police said the situation had been resolved and there was “no current danger to the Perkins School community.” After reviewing what was involved, the department added that the matter would be handled internally and that “no criminal charges will be filed.”
Police declined to provide additional details, citing “sensitive information and student privacy considerations.”
Perkins School for the Blind, located in the Watertown area, is the first of its kind in the US and counts notable alumni like Helen Keller.
Perkins School for the Blind Watertown police lockdown online threat student safety Helen Keller