Austin lifts shelter-in-place after arrest of two suspects

Austin lifts – Austin police lifted a shelter-in-place order for parts of south Austin after capturing two suspects tied to random shootings from late Saturday into Sunday. Four people were shot, police say, as investigators continued searching for a third suspect and urged
A shelter-in-place order covering much of south Austin was lifted after police captured two suspects believed to be involved in a string of random shootings that stretched from late Saturday into Sunday.
“ The shelter in place for the south Austin area has been lifted, and two suspects are in custody,” Austin police said in an updated post on X. “One remains at large in the Manor area. More information to follow.”
Earlier, Mayor Kirk Watson said multiple shootings were reported “throughout the area,” including at least two fire stations. Austin Police Chief Lisa Davis described the attacks as appearing “random” and said investigators had not yet identified a motive.
Police have not released the identities of the two suspects now in custody.. Davis said officers were still searching for a third suspect.. Before the arrests. police described looking for two Hispanic males in their late teens—one with medium wavy hair and the other with longer hair—and it remained unclear which of the suspects had been apprehended.
Investigators also released details about three vehicles they believe may be linked to the shootings: a black Honda Accord, a gold Honda, and a white Nissan Altima. Watson said the suspects appeared to be switching vehicles as incidents unfolded.
The number of victims has been reported as four.. One person suffered life‑threatening injuries, while the other three had non‑life‑threatening wounds.. Police said no further information about the victims has been provided. and it remains unclear whether any of the injured individuals worked at the fire stations.
The initial shelter-in-place order covered a wide swath of south Austin, running from Skyline Park to Dick Nicholas District Park. Although the order for south Austin has been lifted, residents in the Manor area were urged to remain vigilant while police continue the search for the final suspect.
Davis urged residents to call 911 immediately if they see anything suspicious and warned the public not to approach any of the suspected vehicles.. She also advised people to secure their personal vehicles. saying. “Do not leave your keys or key fob in the vehicle. ” and noting that several vehicles had been stolen during the crime spree.
Police said the investigation is active and ongoing, with additional updates expected.
The pattern in the public statements is straightforward: shootings reported “throughout the area,” a shelter-in-place order expanded across south Austin, and then—after police captured two suspects—officials lifted the order while still warning that one suspect remained at large in Manor.
Austin Texas shelter-in-place shootings police Kirk Watson Lisa Davis Manor area suspects in custody vehicles Honda Accord Nissan Altima