United Kingdom News

Man arrested after woman and children found dead

Two children and a woman have been found dead in their own home, with a man arrested and the crime scene described by police as ‘very traumatic and horrific’. Emergency crews responded to a 000 call – Australia’s emergency number – on Monday (May 18) and arrived at what police have called a “particularly violent scene” in south-western Sydney just before 8pm. It was there they found the bodies of a 46-year-old woman and two children, aged 12 and four, inside the home. Acting Superintendent

Michael Moroney told Nine News’ morning programme Today that police understand “the deceased and the two children were related ” to the 47-year-old man charged over their deaths. He described the crime scene as “a very traumatic scene, a very horrific scene” to reporters, and confirmed that Md Shomon-Ahamed, 47, was arrested at a home in Campbelltown where the bodies were discovered. He was found inside the same house as the bodies that had lacerations and other significant injuries. Acting Superintendent Michael Moroney said the

alleged crime was ‘particularly violent’ in nature, but declined to provide details about any weapons allegedly recovered from the property, saying only that investigators had located “a number of items” inside but confirmed no firearms were involved. Moroney told reporters on Monday night that Shomon-Ahamed was not previously known to police and detectives were not searching for any outstanding suspects. While there was no immediate indication mental health issues had played a role, he said that would be examined as part of the ongoing investigation.

A heavy police presence remained at the suburban Sydney street well into the evening as officers maintained a crime scene around the cordoned-off property. Police tape surrounded the home while marked vehicles lined the road, with officers seen working in the front yard, as per Nine News. The investigation is being led by Campbelltown detectives with assistance from the State Crime Command’s homicide squad, as police urged anyone with information to come forward. The grim discovery came just hours after NSW Police revealed hundreds of

arrests had been made during a statewide crackdown on repeat domestic violence offenders. “This today appears to be not something that we had on our radar in terms of being known to police,” Moroney said. “But I can reassure the public that domestic violence is the number one priority for NSW Police, and we will continue to target DV offenders.” According to 2025 stats released by the NSW Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research, 69% of adult female victims of DV were murdered by an

intimate partner and 89% of child victims were murdered by a family member. Male victims of DV, however, are more commonly murdered by someone other than a partner or family member (35% of cases).

Campbelltown, south-western Sydney, domestic violence, homicide squad, Md Shomon-Ahamed, emergency call 000, acting superintendent Michael Moroney, crime scene

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Are you human? Please solve:Captcha


Secret Link