Politics

Trump pauses Iran strike plan as talks resume

Trump pauses – President Donald Trump says he postponed a planned U.S. military strike on Iran after leaders in Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates urged delay, saying negotiations are under way. The pause follows Trump’s Sunday warning that the “clock is ticki

President Donald Trump has paused a planned U.S. military strike on Iran, saying key Persian Gulf leaders pressed him to hold off because talks are moving.

In a post on social media, Trump said leaders of Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates urged him to delay the attack. He said they told him “serious negotiations are now taking place,” and said they were confident a deal could be reached.

Trump also framed the diplomatic push in military terms. He said a proposed agreement would ensure Iran does not obtain nuclear weapons. He added that the United States remains ready to act, writing that U.S. forces are prepared to carry out a “full, large scale assault” if diplomacy fails.

The pause lands in the middle of an already tense sequence. Trump had warned on Sunday that “the clock is ticking” for Iran to reach a deal. That warning followed a call with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu that included discussion of potential renewed military action. in reporting cited in the document.

Iran’s response to the shifting tempo has included a separate track focused on communications. Iranian state media reported that Pakistan is facilitating communication between Tehran and Washington. It said both sides are exchanging proposals “to break the ice. ” while also adding that “no progress has been made so far” because of differing positions on Iran’s nuclear program.

Talks have been accompanied by additional political engagement. Also on Sunday, Iranian Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf met with Pakistan’s interior minister to support further discussion.

In parallel, Iran has put forward its own set of demands for ending the conflict. Iranian officials have proposed ending the conflict and lifting a U.S. naval blockade, along with releasing frozen assets and recognizing Iran’s control over the Strait of Hormuz. But the proposal did not address Iran’s nuclear program, which the United States has treated as a central concern. Trump rejected Iran’s proposal as “totally unacceptable.”.

For now. the dispute over the nuclear program appears to be the obstacle both sides keep circling even as the pressure rises. Trump’s decision to delay a strike at the urging of Qatar. Saudi Arabia. and the United Arab Emirates places diplomacy at the center of the next phase. but his insistence that a deal must stop Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons leaves little room for delay if the talks stall.

Donald Trump Iran U.S. military strike Persian Gulf leaders Qatar Saudi Arabia United Arab Emirates nuclear weapons diplomacy Pakistan Mohammad Bagher Qalibaf Benjamin Netanyahu Strait of Hormuz frozen assets naval blockade

4 Comments

  1. Qatar Saudi UAE asked him to delay and now we’re “negotiating.” Isn’t that just what they always do right before something happens anyway? Like the clock is ticki but somehow it’s just on pause.

  2. I saw somewhere Pakistan is “facilitating communication” and I’m like… Pakistan?? So are they the ones actually negotiating, or is Iran texting Washington through WhatsApp or what. Also why isn’t the nuclear part already solved, seems like common sense.

  3. This reads like Trump is threatening a “full, large scale assault” while pretending diplomacy is happening. Qatar Saudi UAE told him to wait, cool, but if Iran won’t give up whatever (nukes I guess), then we still end up striking right? The “clock is ticking” line makes me feel like it’s already decided.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Are you human? Please solve:Captcha


Secret Link