NFL is investigating the allegations against Rashod Bateman

A June 3 arrest of Ravens receiver Rashod Bateman came to light on Friday. The NFL is investigating.
“The club has been in contact with the league regarding the matter, which is under review of the personal conduct policy,” chief NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said, via Jamison Hensley of ESPN.
Bateman’s lawyer denies the allegation that the 2021 first-round pick broke the windshield and side window of a car with his three-month-old daughter and her mother inside.
“It is unfortunate that a personal family situation has been taken completely out of context for sensational reasons,” attorney Jordan Siev said in a statement. “We will let the court process play out, and the facts will come out at that time.”
The NFL could decide to take action before the court process plays out. With one of the pending charges a felony (criminal damage to property in the first degree) and given the domestic nature of the incident (and the presence of an infant), Bateman could be headed for paid leave.
It’s unclear why it was kept under wraps for so long. The Ravens, in their statement to TMZ, indicated that the NFL was promptly informed of the situation.
Beyond the potential for Bateman to land on the Commissioner Exempt list is the reality that he could be facing an eventual suspension that exceeds the baseline of six games, given that his young daughter was in the car as Bateman allegedly sent broken glass flying into it.
Bateman signed a three-year, $36.75 million extension with the Ravens in 2025. His compensation for 2026 is fully guaranteed. The Ravens have a potential out in 2027; $3.5 million of his pay next year becomes fully guaranteed in March.
He had his best season in 2024, with 45 catches for 756 yards and nine touchdowns. Last year, Bateman’s production dipped to 19 catches for 224 yards and two touchdowns in 13 games.