Politics

Chris Hayes Warns Trump Could Refuse to Leave

Trump barricading – MS NOW host Chris Hayes says he’s increasingly convinced President Donald Trump plans to “barricade” himself inside a new White House ballroom after the 2028 election. Hayes tied his worry to Trump’s push for lawmakers to approve proposed $1 billion in ballroo

On Tuesday morning, Chris Hayes didn’t mince words as he shared a theory that’s been circulating on the left about what comes after President Donald Trump’s term ends.

The MS NOW anchor said he’s starting to believe an increasingly popular idea: that Trump plans to “barricad[e]” himself inside his new White House ballroom and refuses to leave after the 2028 election.

“I’m starting to become convinced that Trump’s monomaniacal obsession with the ballroom/bunker is because he plans on barricading himself inside the bunker when his term is up,” Hayes posted on X.

image

He tied that concern to a separate development involving Trump’s campaign for a major security upgrade to the ballroom—one that. according to a report by Punchbowl News founder Jake Sherman. Trump wants lawmakers to approve on a tight timeline. Sherman reported that Trump is focused on getting the proposed $1 billion in ballroom security enhancements approved by lawmakers. with the goal of having it on his desk by June 1.

Hayes said his suspicions were shaped by the president’s public push for the ballroom project on numerous occasions, and by what Trump has described as a new urgency after what he said was another assassination attempt last month.

Trump argued the ballroom was “especially necessary” after he was targeted again, saying a “large, safe, and secure” ballroom was vital following the attempted murder spree at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on April 25.

“It cannot be built fast enough!” Trump added.

Hayes is not the first person to put forward the notion that Trump could stay in the space after his term ends. Earlier this month. liberal podcaster Anthony Davis floated his own version of the claim during an appearance on MeidasTouch’s The Weekend Show. Davis said there is “a fear that he ain’t leaving and that is something to be taken very seriously.”.

Davis went further, describing a theory that Trump is building the ballroom—not to host events—but to create a secret underground bunker that would let him “hunker down” and never leave the White House.

“He’s building an additional 100,000 square feet to hunker down this time with a military installation below this giant ballroom that will clearly never be used for balls,” Davis said.

Taken together. the posts put the spotlight on a debate that has followed Trump’s ballroom project since it became a political flashpoint: whether the stated security upgrades are simply about protection—or whether critics believe they’re laying groundwork for something far more permanent. The immediate question now is how quickly lawmakers will weigh the $1 billion request that Sherman says Trump wants completed by June 1.

Chris Hayes MS NOW Donald Trump White House ballroom barricading theory 2028 election ballroom security enhancements Punchbowl News Jake Sherman June 1 assassination attempt White House Correspondents' Dinner Anthony Davis MeidasTouch

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Are you human? Please solve:Captcha


Secret Link