Sports

Bills’ Beane offers condolences to Oliver following death of son

Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane issued a statement on Saturday expressing his and the organization’s condolences to defensive tackle Ed Oliver on the death of his two-year-old son.

“It’s an unthinkable tragedy for any parent. We will continue to support Ed and his family as we grieve this tragic loss,” Beane said as the Bills prepared to play a preseason game in Cleveland.

Oliver has asked for privacy and prayers while still mourning his son, who was also named Ed. The toddler was pronounced dead after being found unresponsive in a residential pool in Harris County, Texas, on June 28, a person briefed on what happened told The Associated Press. The person spoke to the AP on the condition of anonymity because the team and player have not revealed that information.

Without providing many details including names or ages, the Harris County Sheriff’s department posted a note on its Facebook account that evening regarding the drowning of a toddler in a neighbourhood community north of Houston.

“This is a tragic incident and our thoughts are with the toddler’s family during this incredibly difficult time. The investigation is ongoing,” the post read.

A sheriff’s official told The Associated Press on Saturday that a report was not immediately available.

The 28-year-old Oliver is entering his eighth season in Buffalo, and was selected by the Bills in the first round of the 2019 draft out of Houston.

Oliver reported for training camp on time last month and appeared with the starters in the Bills’ preseason-opening 29-14 win over Carolina last weekend. He has not practiced this week because of an undisclosed injury.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Are you human? Please solve:Captcha


Secret Link