Sports

Benson Henderson blasts Dana White over Freedom 250

Former UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson says he won’t be watching UFC’s Freedom 250 event at the White House on June 14, 2026, calling the idea a “clown show” and a “circus” that, in his view, does a disservice to the White House and mixed martial art

Benson Henderson didn’t hold back as UFC and Dana White look ahead to Freedom 250.

Just days after Jake Paul and MVP wrapped up their Ronda Rousey comeback event, White House-focused combat sports plans are now set for June 14, 2026. Freedom 250 will be held at the White House on that date—Donald Trump’s birthday—with the event tied to the 250th anniversary of the United States.

The weigh-ins for Freedom 250 are scheduled to be conducted at the Lincoln Memorial. UFC and TKO also have a close relationship with the USA President, and the event is designed to be free to attend.

Freedom 250 is also expected to be hosted specially for the country’s military. with “special investment opportunity tickets” available at $1.5 million. Even with a stacked card planned for the White House lawn and the expectation of multiple notable guests and celebrities. Henderson said the concept still doesn’t sit right.

Speaking in an interview with talkSPORT ahead of his comeback at PFL Brussels against Patrick Habirora, the former UFC Lightweight Champion said: “I definitely won’t be tuning in to watch that.”

Henderson’s criticism went beyond branding or the matchup slate. He pointed specifically to where the event is taking place.

“I feel like my country — the White House is not supposed to be a spectacle,” Henderson said. “And they’re turning it into a literal spectacle, a clown show, a circus, which is cool if you like circuses, clown shows and spectacles.”

He added that entertainment belongs in entertainment venues, arguing that the White House should be treated differently.

“There’s a reason why we go to these entertainment events. but they’re supposed to be at entertainment venues. ” Henderson continued. “I feel like the highest seats of our house. the White House for our country. is not supposed to be a spectacle. not supposed to be a clown show. It kind of makes me sad.”.

Henderson said he felt pride earlier in his career while helping move mixed martial arts toward legitimacy, but believes the Freedom 250 setup risks harming both the institution and the sport.

“I’m happy to have been in the UFC and done my part to help further the sport of mixed martial arts. to help make it legitimate. ” he said. “But making it a spectacle. making it a show. making it a clown show. making it a circus on my country’s White House… I think it’s a disservice. It’s a disservice to the White House and it’s a disservice, actually, to mixed martial arts as well.”.

Henderson joined UFC in 2010 and stayed with the promotion until 2016, before switching and joining hands with Bellator.

The Freedom 250 plan. complete with a free entry model for attendees. military-focused hosting. Lincoln Memorial weigh-ins. a stacked card. and a ceremony on June 14 tied to U.S. independence’s 250th anniversary. now meets a blunt reaction from one of the sport’s respected former champions—who says he won’t be tuning in at all.

Benson Henderson Dana White Freedom 250 UFC White House Lincoln Memorial weigh-ins Donald Trump birthday Jake Paul MVP Ronda Rousey Patrick Habirora PFL Brussels TKO

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Are you human? Please solve:Captcha


Secret Link