USA Today

Massachusetts McDonald’s Worker Charged After Viral Contamination Video

Massachusetts McDonald's – A Southbridge McDonald’s employee seen on a viral video putting fries from her mouth back into a fry container will face criminal charges this week, police said. Charges were being filed Monday, but the specific allegations and court date for arraignment in Du

A viral video showing alleged food contamination at a Southbridge McDonald’s is now moving into the criminal justice system.

Southbridge police said an employee seen on the footage will face criminal charges this week.. Southbridge Police Chief Shane Woodson confirmed the department is filing charges Monday against the employee. who was not identified by name.. Woodson said the arraignment date in Dudley District Court has not been set. and he did not specify what charges the woman will face.. More details will be available after arraignment.

The brief clip, which appeared to have been posted to a private story, made national headlines last week.. In the video. the woman is heard saying. “So you want French fries today. right?” as she puts fries from her mouth back into a box. apparently preparing them to be served to McDonald’s customers.. Coworkers laugh in the background as she puts the fries back into one of the chain’s fry containers.

image

The incident also drew a fast response from the franchise owners.. Last week. the Spadea and Balducci families—who operate the Southbridge franchise—said the people involved in the episode had parted ways with McDonald’s following an internal investigation.. In their statement. the owners said. “The actions of these individuals are unacceptable and do not reflect our organization’s food safety standards or values. ” adding that they were working with local authorities and the local health department.. They said the local health department found no public health concerns or violations and that “The wellbeing and safety of our Southbridge community remains our top priority. ” while they would “continue to take swift appropriate actions as needed.”

When asked for additional comment after the criminal charges were announced, the owners did not respond.

The sequence is tight: the video spread nationally last week, the franchise owners said the people involved left McDonald’s after an internal investigation, and then police moved to file charges Monday—even as the specific allegations and arraignment date in Dudley District Court remain to be set.

For now, the public waits on two key pieces of information: the name of the employee facing charges and what the criminal allegations will be. Police said more information on the charges will come after arraignment.

Southbridge Massachusetts McDonald's viral video criminal charges Dudley District Court food safety

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Are you human? Please solve:Captcha


Secret Link